Friday, April 16, 2010

What a rollercoaster!

So this week has been interesting? We made a decision on Monday for Chad to take a new job, which would pay much less, but would theoretically be much less stressful for him. Well that would have been ok, I think, except that whole house buying thing that we're in the middle of. They don't like it when you take a new job and it's going to pay you less. Surprising, I know. We weren't surprised, but thought it would work out to be ok. It didn't. Chad had to turn down the new job (for the second time) and apologize like crazy to his current boss who had already set up interviews to fill his position. So all that and nothing has changed. He's still at the same job, which has alot of pros to it and some cons, like everything else in life.

So, here's my thing. This has been a struggle for us. I think there were a lot of red flags that kept coming up with the new job opportunity. I felt like we saw them, talked about them and then ignored them. Would it have been ok if it had worked out to get the new job and the house? Yeah, maybe. Timing means something, though. Both the house and the job seem like a good thing for us. They just didn't work out together. We had to choose. And, in all honesty, I have a huge sense of relief that we chose what we did. So those gut feelings, red flags, whatever you want to call them, those matter too. It wasn't going to be all smooth and easy regardless of what we decided, but at least that part is over and we can move on to some other less stressful decisions, like what color do we want to paint the office/guest room.

1 comment:

  1. When I was little I just wanted to be a grown-up so that I could be in charge. My new understanding of adulthood is, "all of the responsibility and none of the control." How did this happen?

    ReplyDelete