Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's coffee, people!!

I love it! I love it! I love it!
Coffee!
So what better place to work then a coffeehouse?!
Today was my first morning at my new job at Kettle Creek Coffeehouse and I loved it.

Check it out!
http://www.kettlecreekcoffee.net/

It's a great mix of social interaction and mental work. I'm looking forward to knowing how to make all the different drinks and getting to know all the regulars.

I've become very aware over the years to how much is too much for me and I really considered that before looking for another job. I just know that when I'm stretched too thin with outside things, my family suffers.

What I've also noticed about myself is that if I don't have enough to do, I spend WAY too much time messing around all day and not getting anything done, which also makes my family suffer.
So, my theory is that if I work "just enough" I'll actually be more productive at home and with the kids.
We'll see how that goes!

UPDATE:
For those who care, I have almost recovered from Monday's lunges.
And by almost recovered, I mean that I can walk up and down the stairs without yelling expletives and cursing Crossfit.
Now I just grimace and cry a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you loved it! You seemed to be moving good when I saw you today, so I had forgotten about the lunge incident... I'm starting lunges tomorrow, but I promise you, I will not be doing as many as you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do those lunges and take some ibruprofen! :) Come see me sometime! I'll let you know when I'll be there in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great job for you - it's good that you were able to hide your pain, they may have thought it was a little strange to see tears in your eyes while working. If anyone asks, they are tears of joy at how good the coffee is there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have considered taking a shift at a coffee place in the mornings....Just because my logic is if I have a job a coffee shop, the consumption pays for itself and I get discounted prices! Woot! So proud of you for the lunges.

    ReplyDelete