Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Routines

I like 'em.
Wait...Hold on...Hell might freeze over...


Guess we're ok for now.
I honestly never in a bazillion years thought I'd say that!
I don't know what I'm saying!
I'm a free spirit.
I love spontaniety!
Schedules are for people who can't enjoy life moment to moment.

Yep, that's me. Somehow I can't, exclusively, hold to that.
A part of me will til my dying day.
The other part realizes that my life, such as it is, cannot be that lackadaisical. I have to plan...a little, anyway.

It used to be bad. Really bad. As in I had NO routine, schedule, ANYTHING!
This created a bit of a problem when I did have to actually get somewhere on time. Sometimes I was late, other times I just forgot.

And so I have come to like a routine. Nothing crazy. I am the anti-OCD.
I don't have 15 charts, with every minute planned and each task specifically laid out. I don't do chores on specific days or know what I'm cooking for each meal each day. I'm sure someone who is a planner would love to come in and give me an organizational make-over.

I don't see that happening.

I basically exist off of a calendar and that's it. I'm a lazy routine person, but that works for me. I get to maintain the free spirit in my soul, but not go completely nutso cause I can't remember what has to be done each day or where which kid needs to be at what time.

Someday I may just totally rebel and pack everything up and move to a remote location and raise my kids all hippie-like.

4 comments:

  1. and you could grow your own corn to make your own gas! remember when you told me that? :) you are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Soul Sister!! Routines are a love/hate thing with me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it isn't on the calendar, it doesn't happen - at least that's how it is at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete