Thursday, August 26, 2010

Millions of peaches...

peaches for me.
Millions of peaches, peaches for free!
Name that song!!
I'm a product of the 90s :)



We have a peach tree in our back yard and if my camera had not broken yesterday, I'd have some really cool "peach" pictures to put up with this post. Instead you get some stock picture from the web.



There were ALOT of peaches on our tree.
We lost 2 really big branches just from the weight of them.
I had no means to get to the top of the tree to get the lovely, juicy peaches so I was kinda bummed about just wasting them.

Enter our kind neighbor...
He generously offered to use his ladder and apple picker to get our peaches down.
I, of course, said yes and take all the peaches you want!
We were still left with a mother lode!

I'm going to freeze some, eat some, make some peach crisp( I don't like pies!)
and if Caleb has anything to do with it, he will consume 15-20 a day!!

9 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm jealous - I love peaches! Enjoy one (or twelve) for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, bring some with you next weekend.. and BTW we sing that song all the time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang-Caleb consumes his weight in peaches on a daily basis, so he'll enjoy them for you.
    I WILL bring some next week, Am!! Can't wait to see you!!!!!!
    Jamie-Can we have a "Thursday date" every week?
    The day was brighter after hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A peach a day keeps Caleb's doctor..and everyone away. And wait a tic, Sarah is going to Angs? When???? And I love care packages..especially w peaches :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Peaches" by Presidents of the United States of America. Nobody said the name of the song so I figured I would. I have nothing else to say about peaches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I'm going to see AMY next week at the NDSU/KU game.
    And, thank you, Gabe. I was waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome!! If you want some pears, head over to Maple Memories...they should be about ready. Do you can? I want to learn how and need a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm... Reece is a huge fan of peach jam, so if I ever feel that domestic, I'll remember where to get the peaches!! (and now I have that song stuck in my head!!)

    ReplyDelete