Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grateful

Here's an update on our recent string of terrible, horrible no-good, very bad sickness that refuses to leave us.
Since last week, we found out that Cory and Autumn do NOT have strep, but some other virus that just had to run it's course.  It has, but not before it was passed on to Elijah.
So, he's down for probably a good week with it and I'm pretty sure Cory has a UTI.

And, I'm grateful.  So, so grateful.
Weird to say and weird to feel, right now.  We're going on 3 weeks of some nasty stuff.
Don't get me wrong, I'm frustrated.  SUPER frustrated.  I just want everyone to be well again.
And that is why I'm grateful. 
They will get well again.  At some point, probably sooner then later, they will be back to their crazy selves and we'll keep marching on.

It's made me think about those children out there that are chronically ill and their parents. 
EVERY DAY they have to handle the symptoms and fears and germs. 

So, yes, I'm grateful.  Grateful that my children are, for the most part, healthy.
My heart goes out to those who care for children day in and day out who need it.  What a gift they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment