Monday, January 3, 2011

30...and more to come!

I'm just gonna throw this out there that I'm not really a math whiz.  I did alright in math and I can perform basic mathematical equations, but only as much as is required to survive.

Today is this hottie's birthday:


He's 30 today!







So seeing as 30 is a nice round number I began working out some math as to how long we've known each other and how long we've been in love and came up with this:

We've now known each other for MORE THAN HALF OUR LIVES!!  16 years to be exact
And loved each other for MORE THEN A THIRD OF OUR LIVES!!  12 years...(This is up for debate, though, since I think he loved me before I loved him.  Although, he is sure I loved him from the moment I saw him (he's a little cocky like that), but that's just not true.  We were 15 when we met and I was more concerned about how badly my legs hurt from volleyball camp then the football player who kept eyeballin' me across the dining hall at lunch time!  So whatever..)

And the conclusion I finally came to is that I really have loved him my whole life so none of that math matters.   I just didn't know it was him. 
Does that make sense? 
You know, as a little girl, you dream of that guy, the one you'll live happily ever after with? 
He is my guy.
I just didn't meet him til I was 15 and fall in love with him til I was 18.  Well, after that it didn't take us long to figure out this was a forever kind of deal.

So, Happy Birthday to the guy that, regardless of the math, I'll love forever!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! What a very cool gift you two are giving to your kids. I'm a sucker for a good love story!

    ReplyDelete