Monday, March 14, 2011

Decorating Idea!

I have a big empty wall in my living room that I was having a hard time figuring out how to decorate it.
I'm not a big fan of random decorations.  Because I don't have a lot of "things", I prefer to only have items that I truly love or that mean something to me.
So, with a big blank wall, I was in a bit of a quandry.
My friend Shannon, who is the craftiest crafter I know, had mentioned months ago a Family heritage wall she had seen on this blog.
blog.http://fortheloveofit2.blogspot.com/2009/11/family-tree.html
Cool, huh?

I really enjoy family histories and stories from past generations.  My 90 year old grandma is one of my favorite people to talk to about, well anything, but alot about her life.

The problem is our families are HUGE! 
So I've worked out a way to go back to our great grandparents without an obscene amount of pictures.  Now I just have to hunt down some decent quality pictures!! 
It will be a bit of a project, but I'm excited about it!

4 comments:

  1. goodwill, salvation army and garage sales are awesome places to find frames that dont match! tj max/marshals, and even kohls on sale days, are great for matching, newer type frames! i love the burlap idea! i've been wanting to do something with a flag on it and burlap just might work! let me know how this progresses since some of my family is your family! :) i love talking to gma too! i need to do more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! I will keep an eye out for cool, vintage stuff. I bet you could even convince Ang to cross stitch something on burlap for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh - I like that a lot! Can I use it too when I get around to painting and redecorating? Lucky for you, you have a vinyl source should you need it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd like it, girls! And, I was thinking I'd use the vinyl letters for the wording instead of painting! PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete