Thursday, March 24, 2011

I stand in awe.

This past year and especially these past few months have made my heart ache...in a good way.  My heart is full.
That is how I feel. 
Filled up.

From the gift of our home that so, so many people spent hours and hours on, to this very moment when I heard my friend's baby they are adopting is HERE, there have been so many times I have seen  incredible acts of kindness, generosity, and love.

It's overwhelming.  I told Chad today that THIS is the place I want to be if tragedy hits or tough times come or your life is given an unexpected joy that you want to share! 

I know there are communities like this all over the country and beyond.  I just feel so fortunate to be here now.

I have been blessed with amazing friendships all my life.  I can look back on each stage of my life and it seems God hand-picked a friend for me.  This place, for some reason, has given me an abundance of friendships.  Girls that will not only be there for me, but reach out and help others without a second thought.

It's all evidenced so strongly in the past few weeks.  We cooked, we cleaned, we gave, we prayed, we hugged, we cried and we prayed some more.
Sometimes, I think I can go it alone.  All I have to do is lift my head, reach out a hand and there will be multiple hands reaching back. 
This is a beautiful place with beautiful people.
I stand in awe of my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment