Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recipes

I have a cooking problem.
It's not so much the cooking, as the cleaning up part.  I hate cleaning up.  That's not a problem I can fix though so I'm going to move on to my other problem.
Recipes.
I have recipes I love and use often.  Too often, in fact.
Over the years, I've collected recipe books, recipes from websites, recipes from friends, trying to add some variety to our usual fare.,
I have ALOT of recipes and they are EVERYWHERE!!
So, in an attempt to organize my cooking life, I bought a photo album, some notecards and little tabs. 
I am in the process of organizing my recipes.  If I have a favorite recipe from a cookbook, I'm going to write down what book it's in and what page.  Then I don't have to hunt through multiple books looking for it.  Website favorites are getting written down, as well.  At some point, hopefully in the near future, I will have a single album of recipes to use...
During this time of transition, we may be eating a lot of fast food.

3 comments:

  1. I really need to organize my recipes too - thanks for the reminder! And I don't mind the cleaning up - we REALLY need to live next door to each other so we can barter chores, since our dislikes seem to complement each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about forming a commune with anyone who is willing to do the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use a 3 ring binder and clear page protectors. i get most of my recipes online, so i just print them off and slide them in a sleeve and put it into the binder. if it's something that's already been written out or is on some other type of paper or card, i just tape it to a piece of paper and put it in a sleeve and into the binder. fav recipes are in the front! i also had books and recipes everywhere. this system is much easier and i have one go to thing! good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete