Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby steps and a leap of faith

I don't think I ever really understood the term, "leap of faith" til this past week.
We're completely blind to what will happen with adopting from Haiti.  I hesitate even saying that's what we're doing because we're so early on and haven't even applied with an agency or put a dime towards it. 
The truth is we live blind every day, but for some reason we seem to think we know what will happen day to day for the most part.  We plan our days going from one activity or appointment to the next not terribly concerned about the "unknown."

I have this vision of us standing on a cliff with no visibility as to what is below us, and we just jump, with no fear.  A true leap of faith.
So here's our progress so far...I got in touch with one agency to see if they would work with the orphanage that we would like to adopt from.  They will as long as it's licensed and reputable(which it is.)
I also spoke with the man, Dick, who is instrumental in running the Haiti Lutheran Mission Society.  He has known my family for decades and was very good friends with my grandpa.  He is going to Haiti the end of March and said he would get as much information for us as he can. Lucy is Pastor Louis's widow and their son-in-law is a lawyer in Haiti and Dick will also be speaking with him.  My hope is that we can work directly with him to find our children!  Crazy, right??

Hope is a beautiful thing.  We have much hope today.

3 comments: