Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pondering

I've been wondering lately if I'm actually necessary to the functioning of my home and parenting of my children.  I've been SUPER lazy lately. 
I am tired. 
Bored. 
I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. 
Just waiting...for what?

I'm not sure.
I'm waiting to hear from Haiti, but that shouldn't interfere with my ability to function, right?
I'm waiting to do some projects around the house, but I'm also waiting for the motivation to kick in to do said projects.
I'm waiting to see if Chad hears about an online teaching job, but this does not affect my day to day life much...or does it?

I know on a conscious level that these things do not mean that I cannot do the dishes or a few loads of laundry, but that is exactly what my brain is telling me.
"No don't do those dishes just yet.  You might get an email from Haiti."
"Better wait on that laundry.  You might decide to go to the store and get stuff to paint the bathroom, put up baseboards in the mudroom or haul insane amounts of junk up from the basement!"
"Hold it!  Don't clean the bathroom.  You may hear that Chad was hired."
Stupid, right? 
I know this.
Help me.


2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same holding pattern, although I have no idea what I'm waiting on. Maybe for you to hear from Haiti? or get some projects done? or waiting to hear if your hubby has a new job? Hmmmm...I think it's time to get the heck out of Dodge for a bit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sarah.....you crack me up. You make me laugh::::))))

    ReplyDelete