Friday, February 3, 2012

Shower progress

I'm not a professional, but I'm liking how it's coming along. 
We went ahead and demo-ed all the drywall out.  We had some concerns as to what was behind that outside wall because we had insulation blown in this summer and didn't want it all over the place.  Turned out after asking the right person, that there was rolled out insulation closest to the wall so we were good!
We then used roofing felt to line the walls as a vapor barrier.  If we were to do this again I would use plastic sheeting.  The roofing felt was difficult to manuever and staple into the studs.  It worked out fine, but was harder to use then plastic I think.

Then we put up the cement board which took a couple nights.  It's wasn't terribly difficult, just a lot of measuring, scouring and drilling. 
 Max felt the need to "help"

Then I taped the seams and applied thin-set mortar over the tape.

After a full day+ to dry I started laying up the tile. 

This is by far the messiest part (I'm messy with all things home-improvement related), but not hard to do at all.  Our walls are not level or even so I've had to just do the best I can to get them to look nice.  I'm done laying all the tiles that I don't have to cut so now we experiment with cutting tiles!
It's been fun and a good learning experience and I can't til it done! :)

1 comment:

  1. Super impressed with your abilities. But you already know this! =)

    ReplyDelete