Wednesday, February 22, 2012

He what?

"Your husband just broke his arm."
"You're kidding me."
"No, I'm not."


Not the phone call I was planning on getting yesterday.
My super studly hubs was maxing out on the clean with a friend.  He PRed, went for one more and bumped his elbow on the the knee when he caught it and SNAP.  His radius was now in 2 pieces.


It could have been a bit of a scramble to find someone to take the kids for the afternoon, but because we have the most fabulous friends ever, they were taken care of in a matter of 5 minutes.  Katie was here in a few minutes and Natasha took them for the afternoon.  I was able to get over to the Y 10 minutes after I got the call.  That's whatcha call amazing.
The EMS got Chad put in an air cast and I took him to our doctor for an X-ray.  One look and the doc. sent us to an ortho doctor.  Said he thought surgery would be needed.  He was right.
We went straight to the ortho and he scheduled surgery for this morning at 10.  Again, our friends jumped in!  We have dinner and even lunch (BONUS!) for the next few days.  I'm thinking about breaking my arm next week to keep this going...kidding, kidding...maybe....
Surgery went great.  He didn't need a pin in his wrist which means he'll only have a soft cast for 1 week and a hard cast for 2.  Really best case scenerio. 
I had 2 sweet friends sit with me from pre-op through post-op and they made the time go by so quickly!  I had super awesome friends take care of our kiddos all day and dude, did I mention we have food for the next 3 days??
I did.  Sorry.  That makes me super excited! :-)
Chad will be back doing what he does, which is entirely too much for one human, in a few short days I'm sure.  He has thankfully not been in much pain through it all and has been in good spirits, overall.
He is, of course, super bummed cause he's going to have to rehab and it will set him back on his personal workouts some.  I'm betting it won't much though.  The CrossFit Open started today, which is the real wrench in this.  He was registered to compete and is already talking about doing whatever the workouts are one-armed.  I don't doubt that he'll give it a go.
I think I married a robot.  A good lookin', kind, funny, brilliant robot, but a robot, nontheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment