Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What generosity looks like

When I have traveled to Haiti in the past, people have always been exceedingly generous.  Our most recent trip in April was no exception.  If you remember I was able to give Josie a substantial amount of money for various things that needed done around the orphanage.  They had 2 bathrooms that had sat unfinished for years and no closet or shelf space to keep the children's clothes.  About a month ago, Josie sent me these!













That's what your generosity looks like now!  

I wish I could wrap up all the thoughts and feelings I have towards everyone who gave money or medicines or anything over these past years and in some way articulate it well.  I can't.  They are too big to describe.  You gave and gave and gave and now a houseful of children have seen their quality of life improving.  
And that matters. 
So thank you.  

1 comment: