Monday, August 4, 2014

Where the rubber meets the road

I have dubbed this summer, "The summer in which my tush was cemented to the driver seat of our car."  
Catchy, I know.  I haven't had enough coffee this morning to be clever.  
We got back last night from yet ANOTHER trip.  Just a quick weekend jaunt.  No big thing, but as I was driving that last 45 miles, I thought that it was probably the most common scene from my summer.  
The road.
We(I) did a lot of driving this summer.  We drove to MO for graduation/reunion in May, drove all around Kansas for basketball in May and June, girls weekend in St. Louis in June, then the big trip out East. July I drove Elijah up to NE to work for a few weeks, drove to KC for my friend Jamie's son surgery, and finally drove this past weekend to MO for a CrossFit competition and a birthday present trip to Legoland for Caleb.  The little boys had a blast and Chad and I managed to enjoy the first hour and then started looking for someplace to curl up and take a nap.  That is apparently frowned upon.



 


I am looking forward to being home(for a month) before we head back to MO for our 15 year high school reunion in Sept. 
Gah.  
15 years?  
I am entirely too cute and young to have been out of high school that long...Except that my oldest will be heading there in another year and I've been married for 14 years so I guess that's accurate. Geez.  That is a whole other post, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment