Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekend...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

At any point, if you get tired of hearing about football, you can say so.
I won't stop writing about it, but I will acknowledge your frustration :)
It's a bit all consuming at this time of year. I'm sorry. Really, I am.
Every week is the same, yet so different.

New opponent, new emotions. For example, last week we played Haskell. Not a great team. Not that you can take any game lightly, as they say, but I wasn't nervous about losing this one. More worried about someone getting hurt. This week, we play Friends. BIG, big difference. Much better team, much more emotion involved, I think.

Here are the things I think about during the week:

Travel plans. Home game, not much to think about, but we go to Wichita this week so got to think about when to leave, what to bring...

Tailgating or not. I LOVE, LOVE tailgating, but it's a lot of work. Not really into alot of work these days.

Get a babysitter for the 2 younger boys or take them to the game. This is critical to my happiness. Away night games are tricky cause it's really late and I don't want someone to have to watch them that late, but it's hard to keep Caleb occupied and actually watch the game so not sure about this one yet.

Do I wear a Bulldog t-shirt and jeans or just something red and black? Again, major life decision here. Got to be comfortable, but need to look cute, but not too over the top cause it's just a football game, you know.

Big decisions people!!!

And finally, tonight, we are having the quarterbacks over for dinner. I love this part. I like to "entertain", although I don't know how entertaining our house is to a few college boys. Anyway, I get to feed them food til they are stuffed and sick feeling. Pretty sweet. I like the guys. They are easy to be around, polite, and don't care if I feed them tacos, spaghetti, or enchiladas.


Lots go into a week of football all for a couple hours on a Saturday.
It's crazy. I know that. Please don't institutionalize me.
Actually, I could use a break.




No comments:

Post a Comment