Monday, October 24, 2011

Sleep

It's the key.  I'm sure of it.
The key to happiness, the key to productivity, the key to peace, the key to sanity.
Sadly, when we need these things the most is when we seem to sleep the least. 
Or at least that seems to be the case for me.
Some need more, some need less, but we all need enough.  Find your enough.
I crawled into bed about 6:30 on Saturday night and didn't get out of bed til 9:30 the next morning.  Then I slept on and off most of the day Sunday.  I needed sleep badly. 
I'm terrible about going to bed, especially during football season.  I love the hours after the kids are in bed.  I seem to be my most productive with chores and it gives me uninterrupted time to read or take a bath or get on the internet.  When Chad is home at normal hours in the off-season, it's the only time we get to talk uninterrupted.  I enjoy that time of day.
I find when I get 8 hours uninterrupted, I feel better.  Have you noticed a theme here?  I like things UNINTERRUPTED. :)  HAHA!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know I'm going to miss these years of interruptions, sleep deprivation, little people, and messes.  It gets me choked up just thinking about it. 
It's such a process, this growing of children.  They make you appreciate things, like sleep, so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment