Friday, November 18, 2011

Cute vases

Saw this idea on Pinterest, of course, and thought I'd try it out. 
I used 2 wine bottles and a beer bottle that I'd saved from the past few weeks.

This was super easy and really super cheap if you happen to drink wine or beer anyway.  Even if you're not a regular drinker of the alcohols like we are, I'm sure you know someone who could save you a few! :)
I had yarn laying around from my occasional attempts at knitting so just used some of that. Also used a little bit of hot glue here and there while I was wrapping them.

You'll need to glue it at the top when you're getting started and when you're wrapping down and around the curve in the bottle.  That keeps it from creeping up.  Also a little glue at the bottom to keep it from slipping off and you're all set!


It probably took me about 10-15 minutes to do all three. 
I think they are lovely with or without flowers. 
I'm thinking even Christmas gifts??
So thanks again, Pinterest!

3 comments: