Friday, November 4, 2011

He strikes again

I think we should be part of a reality show.  I am sure my days are more interesting then the Kardashians or any "real" housewives of any county or even the Osbournes, although we don't have accents so that is a strike against us, I suppose.
Mostly I just want someone to document Caleb so I can show him what a piece of work he was as a toddler.  I'm sure I won't remember everything(Thank Goodness!) so it would be nice to have videos archived for another time.

In our latest saga, he has gotten increasingly contradictory over the past few weeks.  Regardless of what you say, his response is to the negative.  Here is how the majority of our conversations go...
Me: "We're going to read a book." 
Caleb: "No, we're not." (as he reaches for a book).
Me: "I'm going to make lunch."
Caleb: "No, you're not." (as he heads toward the kitchen).
Me: "The sky is blue."
Caleb: "No, it's not."
Me: "I love you."
Caleb: "No, you don't."

As you can imagine, this is entirely pleasant and makes for joyous hours of interesting dialogue that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Now, think for a moment if this is your day to day (of which, despite my ranting, I truly do love), then as you're getting ready to head to the Y to workout, your eldest son tells you, as you're coming downstairs, to go look in the bathroom and this is what you find...

That is Comet. And my camera does not do it justice. It's on the walls, the mirror, caked on sink and toilet, sprinkled into the mudroom and on a bench.  Basically, everywhere.
He emptied the can.  Looks like he had fun doing it based on how high it was on the walls.
Upside?  It's lavender scented so that's suppose to be soothing, right?

2 comments:

  1. This is why God makes the little ones soooo stinkin cute...some days, it's their only means of survival!! I love your Caleb stories.

    ReplyDelete