Monday, November 7, 2011

He just keeps goin'...with a smile.

Or more of a smirk, really.
If you haven't met my husband or had the privilege to get to know him, I hope you get the chance some day.
I'm gonna brag about him for a bit so if that sort of thing doesn't float your boat, you can skip today's post.
He has always been passionate about fitness and health and over the years it has been impossible for me to not absorb some of his enthusiasm, despite my best efforts! 
His education and career choices have centered around fitness.  His choices in his personal life reflect what he teaches.  He walks the walk.
He loves all things fitness and health and wants others to love it too.
Enter CrossFit.  I've talked about it before, but check it out, if you haven't yet.  http://www.crossfit.com/
We started doing CF workouts with a few friends almost 2 years ago.  As soon as he started, he knew this was for him.  It is the perfect combo of strength, skill and variety.
I, on the other hand, whined and complained my way through workouts for a long time. Over time, though it changed my mind, as much, if not more then it changed my body.  In a society that is obsessed with appearance, CF opens a window into what being healthy and fit looks and feels like. 
So, after about a year of doing workouts, he knew this was something he wanted to share on a broader scale.  After pitching it to the Y, becoming certified, and training several clients under its philosophy, it's a go. 
Throughout this process, he has sacrificed the entirety of any personal time he may have had to continue doing his jobs, while getting ready to launch CrossFit McPherson Y!
While keeping up his duties at the Y, he did demolition in the basement of the Y, offensive coordinated at McPherson College, planned weekly workouts for nearly 100 football players, has taught CPR at the college for the past few weeks, and served on a board at our church.
He is calm, efficient, and organized, which is the only way we would have survived the past few months. 
I am in awe of how well he handles stress without complaint, maintains relationships with his family, and just gets it all done and done well.  He has yet to crack, (except for a little mishap this morning that required a few stitches :)
He just keeps going with a smile.  He makes me want to be a better person.  Makes me feel like I can take on anything.  Makes me want to take a nap sometimes (one of us has to!)
So, yeah, I'm proud of him.  Super duper proud.



2 comments:

  1. I Love to see people who love what they do work hard and succeed! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish he was close. i would enlist him as my trainer. :)

    ReplyDelete