Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A New Chapter

It seems my life has had very distinct chapters.  Each change has brought a new set of experiences, friendships, occupations, and outlooks. 
From the moment I met Chad I knew I'd be a football wife.  Our life together didn't start out that way, but we both figured it would lead to that. 
He has a passion for football.  He loves the intricacy of it, the opportunities for growth it provides both physically and mentally, the competition. 
So, it's sad to say that he's done with coaching for now.  I say for now, because so little in life is predictable. 
He struggles when he feels like he's not able to give his all to something.  We're going on 5 years of that situation.  He's been constantly divided with his job at the Y and coaching football.  The Y is what has paid our bills and with CrossFit has now become something he really enjoys.  Football has always been what he loves to do, so we have stretched time and resources to the max to do both. 
He's taking one for the team, our team.  The kids and I. 
I will miss it terribly.  There is something magical about being so personally invested in a team.  You're more then a fan when you're a coach's family.  The players become more valuable to you.  You don't just want them to play well, you want them to make good decisions, mature and grow under your instruction on and off the field, and feel good about being apart of a team.  That takes alot of investment in time that Chad has not had to spare. 
So, I don't know what this new chapter holds.  I'm not sure what life will look like next August when we're not spending our afternoons and Saturdays at the field.  I don't what what I'll do when I have a husband around on the weekends. 
I'm excited to find out...and a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment